Marijuana is one of the most sought-after plants in the history of humanity. With the United States legalizing the use of medical marijuana in many states, we thought it would be an excellent idea to write an article on everything about California marijuana that you might need to know.
Things you should know about Marijuana:
Here is a brief introduction, its effects, medical uses, and various states where its legalization has been finalized:
What is California Marijuana?
Marijuana is known by many names: weed, hemp, bud, ganja, dope or even cannabis. It is fundamentally a psychoactive drug that has memory-loss capabilities. Many people classify all sorts of weed into just one type: marijuana; it is not like that. Marijuana is one of the two primary cannabis – the other being hemp.
California marijuana has a massive history, with actual evidence going as back as 2500 years. Some people believe that marijuana and hemp have been around for over 10,000 years as well.
Marijuana has been shown to have stimulating effects on both humans and animals. Though because of its seductive nature, it has been abused almost all of human history.
How does Marijuana work?
Marijuana is a strand of cannabis, and although there have been many uses, it has not been thoroughly analyzed. It is a mystery how Marijuana has never been thoroughly explored in the world of medical history, considering how many doctors and monks of the past would use California marijuana for their patients.
What is THC?
To understand how Marijuana works, we need to delve a little into THC. THC stands for Tetrahydrocannabinol and is a psychoactive compound that is present in all of cannabis. It is the chemical that is responsible for making people feel high or sleepy.
Now that you understand what THC is, we will go on a limb and say that THC is the main chemical behind marijuana. Though there are more than 400 chemicals in California marijuana, THC directly affects the brain areas that influence pleasure, memory, thinking, concentration, sensors, and even physical functions.
How is Marijuana used?
There are three main ways California marijuana is used:
- As an addicting drug – This is the main reason why marijuana was illegal in the United States until now. Marijuana is almost as addicting as pain-killers, though controlling the intake has shown to be helpful.
- For medical purposes – Marijuana has been used in a wide variety of medical fields for thousands of years because of its rejuvenating properties.
- As an ingredient in CBD edibles – Many new shops are opening up that specialize in CBD edibles. These edibles are essentially real food, but with a twist of a little marijuana inside. They are what many call high snacks.
Pros and cons of California Marijuana
Marijuana has had a very troubling history, something that we keep on iterating for a reason. To better understand the effects of California marijuana, we have taken the liberty of listing out a few pros and cons that you should know.
Pros of Marijuana:
Below are some of the top advantages of marijuana.
Effective pain killer
If you remove the addicting portion of marijuana, it can even turn into one of the most effective painkillers. Because there are more than 400 chemicals in this cannabis, it has been used as a painkiller for chronic pain.
Help with various medical problems
There is a long list of problems that marijuana has shown to help with considerably. Some of these conditions include, but are not limited to:
- Asthma – People with asthma have seen improvements in their lung capacity after consuming marijuana.
- Treatment for the mind’s diseases – Since marijuana directly impacts the mind, it has been shown to hold great promise for people with autism, ADHD/ADD, anxiety, and even depression.
- Best for PTSD patients – Because marijuana can help people forget stuff, they have been prescribed to war veterans and other people who have PTSD.
- Treat inflammation – Directly applying or even consuming marijuana has been shown to treat inflammation of various degrees. Whether internal or external, marijuana is one of the most effective medically usable products on the market.
Cons of Marijuana:
Some of the disadvantages of Marijuana are discussed below.
It is addicting
Marijuana is addictive. Period. There is no denying that. If eaten in enough quantity, it has been shown to become even more addictive than certain types of nicotine. People who are prescribed marijuana should try to consume as less marijuana as possible.
Too much marijuana can be fatal
It is true for any medical drug in the market right now; consuming too much marijuana can be fatal. Side effects include massive confusion, paranoia, delusions, hallucinations, nausea, and even poisoning.
Drug interactions with Marijuana:
Though marijuana is not an uncommonly reactive product unless you count the mental side effects, the drug interactions with marijuana make it one of the safer products to consume right now.
Though there is not much research done on the product, with no major fatal cases being reported with drugs going wrong when used with marijuana, 377 medications are known to interact with cannabis.
Instead of searching for whether California marijuana will react with any medication you are consuming, check whether your current medication is reactive to THC or CBD. Because marijuana contains both of these in a pretty high value, the chances are that your body won’t like consuming marijuana with particular medicine.
Which states allow Medical Marijuana?
As it stands right now, here is a list of all the states that allow medical marijuana:
- North Dakota
- and South Dakota
- Rhode Island
- New Mexico
- New Jersey
- New Hampshire
- New York
- and West Virginia
- Puerto Rico
- Northern Mariana Islands
- U.S. Virgin Islands
In short, more than 35 states have legalized marijuana right now.
If you have any other queries regarding marijuana, please let us know. Consider reading this above guide once more to gather all the basic information related to California marijuana.